I want an Ireland where:
- The care and protection of victims of crime, including victims of sexual violence, is prioritised by our justice system.
Ireland’s justice system has not always treated victims of rape and sexual violence with the care and protection needed. Many have been betrayed and further brutalised by our justice system.
I want to see a reformed justice system where:
- The needs of the victims are put first.
- Women have the confidence, privacy and protection before, during and after the reporting and prosecution process.
- Gardaí, solitors and judges have special training and adhere to particular standards of behaviour for crimes involving sexual violence.
- The Court Service must ensure the separation and protection of victims of rape, harassment and domestic violence.